Monday, November 15, 2010

Working through being unmotivated.

Today was a long day.  Sunday is my longest work day and I'm exhausted at the end of it.  I met with a friend after to chat and got some food and walked with her about a mile and a third.  Then I take the train partway home and a cab the rest.

When I got home, I didn't want to do my pushups challenge.  I didn't want to do the initial test for the situps or the squats.  Maybe that's why I maxed out on my pushups challenge early. 

Either that, or my poor form, and overly optimistic idea about how many pushups I can do.  But I did it, mostly.  I used to not do anything at all.

I'm going to have to start over this week, and on a lower level.  I'm just not as strong as I think I am.

But I did pretty well on the situps challenge.  I got to 40, so I'll start on Tuesday with week 1.
And yes, the pushups challenge again.

As I said, today was a long day, and on Sundays I tend to eat a million things in small portions.

First up, lemon water and cayenne at 7am.
About 3/4 of a blt on toasted rye at 9 or so.
At noon a lobster roll with a half bag of chips (did not eat a bunch of the bread).

At about 3 this oatmeal/cranberry cookie (not the chocolate chip - I gave that away).

At  around 5:15 some pesto chicken pasta salad from Starbucks.
At about 7 a third of this raspberry bar.

And at about 930 about half of this turkey club.  I'm munching on the rest with the salad now.


A LOT of carbs, I know.  A lot of calorie-dense food, in general.  Yes, I work somewhere where they sell this strange assortment of fancy foods.
Tomorrow's veggie day.

Exercise:  1.2 mile walk to work this morning
A lovely walk to work.

, 2.3 mile walk this evening, up and down about a million stairs today, about 23 pushups :-(, 40 situps, and 40 squats, which I'm not sure I had good form for.


By the way, I've decided I don't like lobster rolls.  Have a good night.

2 comments:

  1. Lobster rolls are my death row meal. You're upsetting me, Shmyle.

    But in other news, I'm so impressed by you. Despite whatever is wrong with your palate that makes it reject lobster rolls.

    I mean, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I have to urge to buy an lobster roll, I'll just invite you to lunch instead.

    ReplyDelete