Friday, November 12, 2010

A little bit better

Good evening!  I'm still feeling kind of down, and my mind still feels unclear, but I had a good day overall.  I started the day with lemon/cayenne water and a HUGE smoothie.


Soy milk, fresh blueberries, raspberries, half a banana, flax, and what I THOUGHT was about 2 cups of spinach.  I think it was more like a hundred.  I couldn't finish it. 
About an hour after eating it, I had 2 chopped up hard-boiled eggs mixed with one teaspoon mayo, and one of mustard, scallion, and hot sauce and ate it on about 6 saltines.  Tasty.

I went to my old apartment to pack and organize, as I'm moving, and a friend met me there to help out.  First thing we did was Day 2 of the Hundred Pushup Challenge.  It was hard.  Perhaps harder than it should have been.
I may have to do Week 1 over again.  We'll see after Sunday.

We were hungry and went to Dutch Boy for burgers.  I hemmed and hawed over a regular burger or a  veggie burger.  In the end, I decided on the veggie burger, and the waitress suggested cheddar cheese and chipotle mayo for toppings.  I added sauteed mushrooms to that, and I have to say the burger was fantastic.  It's the best burger I've had there.  I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
A few french fries as well, and a creme soda (although I couldn't finish it - too rich).  It's what I was craving  - and I got it.  I'm being nice to myself, remember.

I forgot to take a picture sooner.  So here's some crust for you.


After organizing, sorting, packing, all of which I hate, I headed home and ordered Chinese for my lovely roommate LouP and I. 
 LouP (pronounced Lou) is a 21-year-old French dancer who's here for school and makes herself things like cauliflower au gratin for dinner and keeps entire wheels of Brie in the fridge and gets up at 6:50 am every day and cleans my room sometimes because she "was cleaning the living room and just kept going!".   In other words, she's a delight.

I wasn't kidding.  


 Anyway, she's a fantastic roommate so I ordered us some General Tso's, crab rangoon, hot and sour soup, and a side of steamed veggies.  It was eh.  Brie Wheel liked it, which I'm glad about.

If you can believe it, this is better than I usually eat.  Lots of veggies, fruit, and, uh, chinese food.  And I got a little bit of exercise in. Still no ice cream.

 If I continue eating better and better, doing more and more exercise, it can only get better.   I don't know how I ignored myself for so long.



Going to meet my bud for a drink.  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment