Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Push-ups are HARD!

And I hate sit-ups!  You're laying on the ground, in agony?  What could be worse?

But I like the way my shoulders feel after pushups.  And I like the fact the shirt that didn't fit me a couple of weeks ago fits me now.

I redid Week 1 of the Push-up Challenge, at a lower level.  I did them slower so I could be sure I had good form.  And even though I had to start Week One over, the great thing about push-ups is you can feel an increase in strength almost immediately.  I am definitely stronger than I was a week ago.

I also did Week 1 of the Sit-up Challenge which went fine but I don't want to talk about it.

This morning I had a DIFFERENT green monster than USUAL.  I used pumpkin, spinach, soymilk, and half a banana.  I paired the smoothie with a couple of hard-boiled eggs, a few slices of cheese, and a bunch of computer wires.


I've decided to bump up my breakfast a little because I've been getting hungry only a couple hours after breakfast lately.  Hence the eggs AND cheese.  I wish I had some nice whole wheat bread in the house, but I don't so oh well. 

I just got back from jog/walking to the bank 1.1 miles away.  When I first got out there, my shins were killing me, but by the time I got to the bank, I was feeling awesome.  I haven't run in years, but it felt truly great.  I suffered my way to my fourth floor apartment because I stopped by the truck to pick up my two 25-pound dumbells I needed to bring upstairs.  An inadvertent workout!  I felt like I was going to die by the time I got to the top.  But now I can do more complex workouts in my house.  Yes!

A couple of days ago I was talking with someone who's acupuncturist told her to eat a portion of red meat every other day, that it would help with her health immensely.  I believe there are different body types and and that different bodies require different things.  That's why different diets (and exercise regimens) - Paleo-centric to vegan -  can work equally well - for different people.  With the exception of burgers, I'm not a huge red meat fan - I don't think I need much red meat in my diet (and I'm still figuring out my optimum diet) - but I do think I was meant to run!
These are my thoughts.

Ok, time to get ready for work.  Have a good afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment