Monday, November 15, 2010

Procrastination

Good afternoon! 

I woke up late today.  I usually do after my long day on Sunday, but today it was 11am!  I had a lemon/cayenne water and then prepared a green monster.  Half a banana, soymilk, spinach, frozen blueberries and strawberries, and flaxseed.

 I prefer frozen fruit because it makes the smoothie colder, and I hate ice in smoothies.  I also don't love the flax in it.  It gets all in my teeth and things.  I may switch to chia seeds and see if that's better.


 And I had the last few slices of my tiny loaf of bread, paired with farmstead cheese and a bowl of chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro.  I would have used parsley and thyme if I had had it, but I never have the right herbs on hand at the right time.  You know?

Now I'm enjoying a small bowl of edamame.

I have a lot to do.  And I don't want to do basically any of them.

- I need to go to the bank.
- Laundry
- More packing
- go to Home Depot (UGH)
- move the truck, bring my weights and maybe some other stuff back to my new apartment
- get kitty litter and a few groceries
- change kitty litter
- tidy room
- call my sister
- call T-mobile

Probably other stuff.  Getting up late this morning made me feel kind of bad, and I allow pressure and bad feelings and tasks pile up sometimes, which makes me feel like I can't do anything.  That's how I got in this stuck position to begin with. 
But I can get out.

It's late in the day, but I started laundry.  I can clean the room, get groceries, and bring some stuff over from the apartment and move the truck.  Maybe later I'll go to Home Depot, even though I'll hate my life while I'm there and probably come home with a fancy light bulb I'll decide I need, and I can call my sister after dinner.

There are two other things I need to do:
1) Not smoke
2) Not drink

I am confident I can do both, and remind myself I am doing them.  And remember to be nice to myself. 
I'm changing my bad habits.  And I don't need to do everything in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment