Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm back!

It's clear I don't understand macs yet.  So until I do, I'll be posting beautiful iPhone pictures in my posts.

I worked alllll weekend.  Long weekend.

This morning I woke up and managed to shuffle to the kitchen to put a lemon water/cayenne thing in my face before I walked 1.2 miles to work.  I haven't done much walking in the past two days and it felt great!  Which led me to start thinking about the fact I much prefer exercise that is practical.  Like biking to work.  Jogging to the bank.  I don't know why, but I find it much more satisfying.  Which is why tomorrow I may very well walk to the Union Square farmer's market.  That, and I don't have Saturdays off anymore.

Anyway, I got to work and had a slice of my mother's delicious pumpkin bread.
No green monsters the past few days.  I miss them.  Tomorrow I am having 5.  I kid!  Six.

Sometime around 10:30 I went and got the parfait cup of undressed salad.
It took me all day to eat it because, well, it wasn't very good.  So...dry.

My marvelous friend Isabel came to visit me at work and we had hot dogs.


Veggie dogs to be exact!  With lovely assorted toppings like kimchee and pork belly.  I had two.
I also had one tiny cupcake from Kumquat Cupcakery.  The ginger cupcake with a tiny tiny little gingersnap on top is awesome!

I also had one of these:






And when I got home, I baked my first spaghetti squash!  I mixed some of my bottomless pit of turkey and brussels sprouts sauce in with it, as well as some grated parmesan.  Delicious!  Way better than usual.  Screw brown basmati rice (at least with my sauce).  I thought I took a picture of it but apparently I just ate it. 

I suggest everyone go out and buy a spaghetti squash this week and try it as a substitute for pasta.

No drinking.
No smoking.
Exercise today:  1.2 miles walking and that's it really. 

Tomorrow I'm walking 5.3 miles to the farmer's market and also moving all day.  Got to get to bed.  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. that's me and tami's favorite dinner...we call it "spaghetti squash and meatballs" although, to be fair, it's usually just a meatsauce and no actual balls. i had it for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete