Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'll have a sloe gin fizz, please.

It's 2:43 am.  I post these sooo late.

Today was an alright day.  Just trying to get through packing and moving but now I'm upstate at my family's house hanging out with a couple of buds and my brother.  THAT I like.

This morning after my lemon water/cayenne tea, I prepared breakfast (around 10:30).

A green monster, of course.  Half a banana, about a cup - a cup and a half of plain soymilk, a large handful of spinach, flax seeds, blueberries and a big spoonful of pumpkin.  And two small pieces of toast with butter.

After packing and cleaning my new room, I went and got a fancy haircut in Greenpoint.  It was 4 pm by the time I got out and was very hungry.  I went to a nearby restaurant called La Taverna and got their chicken kebabs.  Not bad!  The chicken, though breast meat, was moist and nicely spiced.  The salad was good too, and the portion sizes were a good, smallish size.

I only had maybe 1/4-1/3 of the rice though.  It was very buttery.

Around 7:30 or so I was hungry again, which was surprising.  So I made myself the last of the turkey/brussels sprouts tomato sauce over spaghetti squash and a little bit of parmesan, with the last heel of the Scratchbread batard and about a cup or so of steamed broccoli.

I don't know what was up with today, but by the time I was halfway to my parents' house around 11:15 I was hungry again.  So I went with my friend Sandy Jeans to the famous Carmel Diner.

This has never happened before, and it'll likely never happen again, but when I opened the menu my eyes immediately rested upon one item.  I had to have it.  It was

Nutella and banana crepes.  I don't even like crepes.  And I am not a fan of hot banana.  Like it needs to be even mushier.  But I had to have them.

Sandy Jeans decided to start off his dining experience with a Sloe Gin Fizz, but they were out of sloe gin, whatever that is, so he had to settle for a Tom Collins.

Sandy got a philly cheese steak which I immediately wanted way more than my plateful of hot banana and sprinkles.  Because how many bites of chocolate crepes with canned whipped cream do you need?  About two, that's how many.  And then you want to eat real food.

We just got to my parents' and now it's time for bed.  Night!

2 comments: