Saturday, November 27, 2010

Back home!

Hey!  So I just got back to Brooklyn after a lovely excursion upstate.  I sat and watched Basic Instinct with my roommates for a while and now I'm snacking on two fine saltwater candies.
This morning lemon water/cayenne deliciousness was followed by a quick apple and a round of creatine, as I was headed out the door with mom to pick up a new sweater or two at Kohl's.

 The sky looked awesome on our drive over.
I love fall skies.  Parking lots, less.
Upon return to the house, we had roast beef sandwiches with my mom's horseradish sauce and pasta-and-pea soup.

I opted for whole-wheat bread and just a dab of sauce, and loaded up my sandwich with arugula.   Roast beef is pretty good for you.  14 grams of protein per 2 ounces, 3 g of fat, and 90 calories.  My sandwich had about 3-4 ounces on it.  I had about half a bowl of soup.

An hour or so after I had another 5 g of creatine dissolved (not really) in a little grape juice.

It doesn't really dissolve.  But it has the texture of a Pixie Stick, which is pleasantly nostalgic.

Then I headed to the gym with Sandy Jeans and my brother.  I did Day 3 of Week 2 of One Hundred Pushups but was unable to complete the full workout.  I really think it was because I was in a new place.  I think I could've done it at home.  I was only short 10 pushups for my final set.  So I just completed them later - I still think I'll move on to week 3.
We did a pretty rigorous back workout, my favorite being deadlifts.  I love those kinds of exercises.  A friend recommended The New Rules of Lifting, which I just ordered and am excited to get.  I need to figure out which gym I'm going to join.  It's time.

After working out, we headed to Subway and I split a turkey, black forest ham, veggies foot-long with light mayo with my brother.
I think I've only ever been to Subway maybe 5 times in my life.  I generally steer clear of chains places.
 Dan, Sandy Jeans, and Manicotti refueling.
I had a great time.  I'm very much looking forward to joining a gym and finding people to work out with regularly.
The train back to the city was packed but the subways were empty.  Empty!  And the streets, too.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

I got home tonight around 9:45 and made myself a quick dinner.
Leftover steamed broccoli, thanksgiving turkey, and a piece and a half of whole wheat bread with mustard.
And now it's bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment