Saturday, December 4, 2010

Meat! and my pedometer!

Happy holidays from Brooklyn.

This morning I had my lemon water/cayenne cocktail (which I am officially getting sick of) and ran out of the house.  I meant to also make a smoothie but I was SO TIRED I stood in the shower for basically ever and then took a million years to find my other sock, as well as running into equally as baffling tasks but anyway.

I can't for the life of me remember what I ate this morning.  Oh yes.  A ham, egg, and cheese from Starbucks.  And one of these green machine drinks which have 28 g of sugar in them which seems like a lot and also they are not so delicious but the combo of the sandwich and the drink kept me full for 5 hours or so.

Lunch around 3 was a tuna and veggie sandwich on foccacia.

Snack included almonds, a half a granola bar (lost the other half, yeah i dunno either), and a few DELICIOUS gingerbread mini-cupcakes from Kumquat Cupcakery.

Last night when I was in Grand Central Terminal I picked up a marvelous-looking pork chop and a pound of grass-fed lean beef for stew.  I was too hungry to think straight, so I naturally didn't purchase anything else to go with either of these items so I just had hummus for dinner last night.
It's just BEAUTIFUL!  I marry it.

Tonight, as I was thinking of what to eat I suddenly thought MEAT and so I pan-fried and then roasted my delicious chop in the oven.  Just salt and pepper and garlic powder because, as I said earlier, I didn't have anything to go with it like mushrooms or wine or stock for a sauce.
I had about 3/5 of the chop and three small pieces of whole wheat toast and a couple of tablespoons of hummus (that I made) and steamed broccoli and alfalfa sprouts because they remind me of 1972.  Those were the days, am I right?
Anyway, dinner was awesome.  
I did not eat at the sink.
I also took a picture of the broccoli steaming.
You always have to try to take pictures of steam.
I read a really interesting article today about fats.  You should, too.  I'm still experimenting to see what kind of diet (as in way to eat, not diet diet) works best for me, and this article gave me something to think about.  I found it through The Holistic Doc on Twitter.  It basically says animal fats aren't nearly as bad as you think.  In fact, they're good, and that many highly-touted vegetable oils have no nutritional benefits and can, in fact, be damaging.  Interesting.

I still need to join a gym.  I've got a busy week coming up, but I WILL figure this out.
No smoking.
No drinking.
Exercise today: 2 miles of walking, and 18,290 steps total today.

I've recently acquired a pedometer from a friend, and although I have no idea what it means, you're supposed to hit 10,000 steps a day, which on work days like today I hit around 10 am.

I think I just feel asleep sitting up at my computer.  I'm going to bed.  Good night.

2 comments: