Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Escape to the Cape

The Breakwater in Provincetown, stormy.
I hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas.  I did.  On Sunday I decided to "beat the storm" and take the semi-reliable rental Mercury Tracer to Provincetown, MA for a week.
It wasn't too bad for a while, but eventually it got to near white-out conditions and I had to find a hotel.
Spooky cemetery.  OOOOOoooooooooo

 I pulled into Provincetown yesterday morning and immediately went to find my friend Grace so we could go to luncheon.  I had only had a banana and was very hungry.  We decided on The Squealing Pig, a lovely little pub.  I love pubs.  WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD PUB?
 Grace suggested we have beers with lunch, which was a genius plan.  She went to Smith, you know.

I had to get the wings, as they were organic and free range and all.  Grace got the lovely lentil soup and truffle and parmesan fries.
Then we took three hour naps because of the beer-with-lunch thing.  Dinner was frozen pizza that we covered with broccoli.


I wanted to have a nice long walk around town or in the dunes, but it's really pretty cold and very windy outside, so we stopped by the breakwater and made a nice moviefilm and then I went and signed up for a week's membership at The Provincetown Gym, the first gym I ever belonged to.  There were five people in the gym this afternoon at 1 pm, and I am excited to have a relaxing week at anice, uncrowded gym.

I had a nice lunch of Salami and some dark chocolate and I'm getting ready to go watch the Sunset at Herring Cove beach, and then will head to the gym.  I haven't really gotten any exercise in a week and I feel insane.  I have to get moving!   Ahhhhh!

The Bay

Enjoy your afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. i miss ptown! so glad that you're having a cape-a-day...i'm jelly!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete