Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Good evening.

This morning I was feeling wary about eating (I've been feeling flu-y), so I only had a lemon water/cayenne thingy until I got to work around noon.

Then I had a Starbucks' Perfect Oatmeal.

At work #2 I had half a burrito and did a fair amount of grazing.
Including a fancy bourbon drink that some co-workers mixed up because it was slow.

Yes, I am drinking again.  I may go on the fast again after the new year, but for now I am drinking, though not much.  I don't want to slow down the progress am I making and I want to maintain a clear head.  Well, as clear as possible.


I really need to join a gym.  The gym near my apartment seems to have really sporadic hours.  I can't seem to get anyone on the phone.  I'm still walking a lot, but it's time to up the ante and get in a gym and work with a trainer a few times to get a good routine going.
I got a physical yesterday, and though I seem to be in good health for the most part, my doctor did tell me my blood pressure is trending upward, slowly but surely.  Yesterday it was at 123/97, which she says isn't low, not high, but not low either.  Last year it was 118 over something, I can't remember what.  But my doc says quitting smoking and rinking less will certainly help, but I have to exercise more.

This week I'm very busy and finances are kind of tight as I still have to buy some Christmas presents and I'm going away after Christmas AND I have two weeks off of work coming up.  eeeek.  But after the new year I will definitely be joining a gym.

All in all I'm feeling pretty good lately.  I've made some lifestyle changes; quitting smoking, drinking a lot less, eating better, exercising more, and now that I have it's time to start thinking about what's next.  How to push myself further.  I'll be discussing this more.

Though my trips to the farmer's market these days don't prove to be as bountiful as a couple of weeks ago.  Cabbage and onions only go so far.

Goodnight!  Be nice to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment