Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I am so sick.

I am deathly ill.  I believe I have, dare I say it, the FLU.
Ugh.  I haven't felt this sick (or cold, wait no hot, no wait FREEZING cold, no way it's so hot in here) in a long time.  It took all my strength yesterday to muster up enough energy to walk two blocks to the pharmacy to buy a thermometer and some tylenol.  Then I took my temp (101.5), ordered Indian food, took two bites, and then promptly passed out again.
I took a picture of myself, and debated whether or not I should post it.  I decided to do so.
Don't I look awesome?  I'm actually starting to get the giggles about just how bad I look.  Which makes me feel better, actually.  So now I'm glad I posted it.

It's a bummer though.  It's Christmas week in New York and I haven't seen any of it.  I love the holidays in New York.  But instead I have to stay home and not eat Indian food.  Also, some of you may know that my bed is a futon on the ground.  I've considered buying a real bed, but I've found the futon to be emotionally appropriate at this juncture in my life.  I kind of revel in it, actually.
But not when I'm sick.  When I'm sick I want to be in front of a roaring fireplace, underneath one hundred quilts, on a bed that is 50% cloud/50% baby goose feathers, sipping some of my mom's homemade soup, with Christmas movies playing somewhere in the background (at least in December).

Did you know I ADORE Christmas??

But it could be worse.  Being sick is making me chill out, which is good.  I feel like I need it.

I'm planning a trip to the Cape after Christmas and am considering renting a car.  Then I thought, if I have this car  - why go to Cape Cod??  Why not go to...Savannah, Georgia?!

So I spent awhile Yelping Savannah, GA.

Or Charleston, SC??

So then I spent an inordinate amount of time looking up Charleston, SC.

And then I checked the hotel availability in both cities.

I'll be going to the Cape.

Since I got up at 4pm yesterday and went to bed around 9pm, I woke this morning to the moon shining into my face, and I remembered that last night was a lunar eclipse, 
Now, this picture may be unimpressive, but when I actually woke up at 5:37 am it was much larger and maybe even a bit brighter.  You have to factor in, though, the 30 minutes it took for me to muster the strength to go to the window.  I didn't even change the settings and I clearly should have.

And then I remembered last night was a lunar eclipse, which obviously I missed because I couldn't see it lying facedown in my pillow. 

But at least I got the shiny-moon part afterwards.

I've been up for more than 3 hours.  I'm going to go heat up some mulligatawny, leave it in the microwave untouched, and pass out.

bye now.

1 comment: