Friday, January 7, 2011

Take a Walk

Last picture of Provincetown, I promise.

I was feeling cluttered.  I was sick, had just gotten back from a too-long, somewhat stressful "vacation" and was feeling worried that something was wrong with me.
And then I took a walk.  I walked two miles from the car rental place to the train station and then another two miles from Grand Central Terminal to the Whole Foods on Bowery.

And I felt much better.

This doesn't always work.  I am a perfectionist and an over-thinker and as a result, dissatisfied with elements of my life on a constant basis.  But getting moving DOES help. A lot.

That was a few days ago.  I took some much needed rest time and left my house today for the first time in two days to meet my friend Jay for dinner in Williamsburg. 
His pizza was vegan.  He also wouldn't stop MOVING, resulting in a blurry picture THANKS JAY

I had two slices of pizza: one Hawaiian (my FAVORITE) and one blue cheese and something that was unsatisfying.

Lunch was a grassfed burger with sauteed rainbow chard and zucchini, which I peeled because it wasn't organic.
Also some avocado and a little bit of ketchup
And breakfast was two pieces of toast from a Pullman loaf I got in the Grand Central Fancy Market with almond butter and a bit of honey and a Tangelo orange, the most delicious of all oranges. I forgot to take a picture until it only crumbs were left, which photograph terribly.

And tea.  I had tons of green tea all day, which I've been drinking by the gallonful daily to try to get rid of my cold.  It's not working.


Still not smoking, natch.

Walked FIVE MILES today.  Pretty good!
And update:  No, I am not doing the pushup challenge right now.  I think I messed up my elbow, so I am redoing my workout routine.  Mostly I'm just walking my face off.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment